Skip to main content

TEACH ME TO SPELL NAME






I am 56 of age
And my name is
Teach me to spell
Name I don’t know
How to hold pen
And which letter to write first
The name of me
People pronounce for me
People of malodorous ideas
People of wrong-spell to right-well of them
I hear has lovely sound
Attracting appraisal with volition
I hear as lovely in pronunciation
Sometimes makes nerve move
I smile in ignorance
For name I can’t spell
In years I am wasted
In garbage of illiteracy
On street after scrambles
Left to pick particles of dreams
I hardly arrange as particles
Inside reality I see as me
As bricks in shattered country
Forgetting to teach real name
I want to spell with hands
And pronounce with heart
As pride of within me
Weep after age of menopause
Weep towards age to retirement
Within broken me I see as reality
I can’t spell name I love sound
Because I am country of 56

Pitied for not spelling name well
And read letters written for me
Those saying I can’t be back to school
At age death can steal to grave
Me still struggling with pronunciation
Even when I am adult
Teach me to spell name
Become a burden I grow with
To age equal to country
I see teachers of grey faces
Become principals in limousine
Prince and Princess of properties
Owners of companies I work
And bankers of ruined country
Tells me I am problem to self
Not country in core of my senses
In soul boiling with broken nut
I know is country not teaching me
Why brain is dull like ugly pants
And gown old in beauty
And wretched shoe in wandering society
Ignite in sense of me whose fault

When I am not empty basket
Excellence with ugly reputation
Plenty oil with long queue
Abundance land with hunger
Water with tarry colour
Humans with futureless future
And everything with nothing
In country equal to age of me
I doubt I want to spell well
A name that can’t spell itself for me
Because is corrupt in nature
Represent monopoly in character
Killing for lords eating with name
And hosting parties for another death
For fear I see of growing leaves
Behind me battling with harden life
Always I crack my frustration
To learn a name of misplacement
Equal my age of narrowed future
Digging trenches for more like me
That hardly excels in country of 56
And after the many time of this
Teach me to spell name
A book I want to read better
For me in 56 of death country
For another better 56 to read well
And write as poem for us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEET THE AUTHOR THROUGH HIS BOOK: "STREET TEARS" TELLING HIS STORY.

https://cutt.ly/2022bestoutstandingpoembook Editorial :  The Campaigner . T he Campaigner is here to bring you a brief story of the author of "Street Tears."

COURT SIT OVER DOCK WORKERS MATTER AHEAD OF TRIAL

At exactly 11:05am Wednesday 3, 2019 the National Industrial Court of Nigeria, NICN, Lagos, court 6, sat over the matter of Nigerian dock workers. This is three years 688 dock workers from five contracting firms put together, have been laid off without their ten years entitlement and remuneration, owed by Energy Neftegas Limited, ENL, refusing to pay the workers.

POPULATION RISE IS NOT OUR PROBLEM BUT THE POLICIES

Source: Flat Rock By Davy Fidel Writer/Freelance I n Nigeria, at a time, the propaganda branding some news is that our population and our tongue is our problem. That Nigeria is made up of 250 ethnic groups and a population of 180 million is the reason why we are having ethnic clashes unravelling among people.